The employers we work with
We will always do our best to work with employers who look after people in their teams. Right now is no exception. We are representing employers who foster environments of mutual cooperation, respect and teamwork.
Small team look forward to working with a new colleague
This newly created role is part of the employer’s proactive approach to better service their existing commercial clients (from whom there is more demand than they can currently meet), whilst they may continue to further residential work.
The business provides a fully integrated design and maintenance service to their valued clients, which include Government owned entities with quite specialised requirements.
In a small team, your voice will be heard and you will have the opportunity to collaborate right through from the design to completion of projects.
It’s not too corporate – so bring a professional, relaxed – yet focussed – style and imagination, and be a vital part of their continued growth.
- The team uses Vectorworks
- This is a practical role
- You will be drawing up designs that both meet the clients’ stated (and sometimes implied needs)
- Your plans will be feasible – ready to pass through council with the appropriate consents
- In regular consultation with colleagues, you will work as a team to get projects over the line, within budget and on time
50:50 Project Management / Operations
Working from rural premises in the Franklin area, this team are well-established in the installation, servicing and repair of waste water systems for both residential and commercial customers.
If you are selected for this role you will be working with a team who have built their reputation on being knowledgeable, practical and in taking care in the detail – even to the extent of leaving sites tidy after their machinery has been removed.
- This role is unlikely to suit a graduate; unless your theoretical knowledge is more than matched by years of also working in a trade related occupation that equips you to ‘walk the talk’.
- The employer literally wants someone whose past practical experience can be put to use when required.
- For example, your background may be as a Registered Drainlayer – with you preferring to spend less time on the tools. Or you may have experience gained in the servicing, maintenance or repair of UV systems and/or water pumps.
- Whatever your background, you need to be able to visualise how the planned work can best be put into practice.
- You need to be agile – able to roll with things when priorities change.
- And you need to have a reasonable understanding of the other trades whose work will dovetail into your team's work, e.g. electrical, earth moving and transport operators – to be able to make best use of your respective skills, time and equipment.
There is ZERO TOLERANCE for drug and alcohol related offences, or for having the effects of either substance in your system whilst working. Criminal history and driver licence checks are undertaken. And random drug testing is a prerequisite for entry to sites at which the team operate.
The employer is straight-up and treats people fairly. Testimony of this is that they have a number of long-serving employees, they enjoy repeat business from clients they have worked with for years and they have solid working relationships with sub-contractors employed on site. This is a medium-sized business. A bit of a kiwi success story, really
||Based South Auckland
Working throughout Auckland & Hamilton
The owner of this business is looking for a someone who gets on with most people, who is also happy to get on with the work.
You will be one of a team whose skill-set covers plumbing, drain laying and gas fitting. This mid-sized business has a solid base of repeat commercial clients and a reputation that gives them good standing in the market.
Broadly speaking, you will:
- Undertake both commercial and residential work, alone and in teams
- Share what you know with others who are still learning the ropes
- Equally, be open to learning skills that improve how you do things
- Have some interaction with clients, including members of the public, and client representatives overseeing projects that your team are working on
- You may need to be mindful of fitting in with other contractors on sites where you are working and ensuring that your actions don’t impact adversely on their safety – or vice versa
- Work safely, both complying with the Health & Safety requirements of the employer and any requirements that are site specific
- Hand in tidy and accurate paperwork and detail relating to job completion
What you need to have
- Ideally, you will be either a Registered Plumber, or a Certified Plumber, Drain Layer or Gas Fitter
- Alternatively, you may have a practical background in the construction industry