The employers we work with
We will always do our best to work with employers who look after people in their teams. We are happy to be able to offer roles with companies whose brands are household names and with businesses where the management lead by example.
Right now is no exception. We are working with employers who foster environments of mutual cooperation, respect and teamwork.
Many of the businesses we assist have been clients for years, which means that we can give you a good idea of what to expect if you are the successful applicant.
Part-time hours around 24 hours per week
Our client is a successful and well-established construction company based in the Franklin area, and operating across Auckland.
Following the resignation of a QS, they have a vacancy for another team member.
Ideally, you will be just starting out in your career - i.e. this is a trainee role. The employer envisages someone who is still studying. And to accommodate that, they are negotiable on the days that you will work, as they have capacity to try and fit in with your study schedule, so they expect you may work 2 - 3 days per week most weeks - and that you would be okay to work full-time hours during semester breaks.
You need to be:
- Attentive to detail
- Very analytical
- A mathematical whizz
- Expert or advanced user of MS Excel
You will need to have:
- Approximately 1-year minimum of appropriate tertiary education already completed
- An understanding of plans
- Good knowledge of building products - and the capacity to quickly research and learn about more products
- Very clear written and spoken English communication
Bring your passion for the construction industry and work with a team who treat each other well on many new and exciting projects that include light commercial buildings and new builds!
||Based South Auckland
Working throughout Auckland & Hamilton
The owner of this business is looking for a someone who gets on with most people, who is also happy to get on with the work.
You will be one of a team whose skill-set covers plumbing, drain laying and gas fitting. This mid-sized business has a solid base of repeat commercial clients and a reputation that gives them good standing in the market.
Broadly speaking, you will:
- Undertake both commercial and residential work, alone and in teams
- Share what you know with others who are still learning the ropes
- Equally, be open to learning skills that improve how you do things
- Have some interaction with clients, including members of the public, and client representatives overseeing projects that your team are working on
- You may need to be mindful of fitting in with other contractors on sites where you are working and ensuring that your actions don’t impact adversely on their safety – or vice versa
- Work safely, both complying with the Health & Safety requirements of the employer and any requirements that are site specific
- Hand in tidy and accurate paperwork and detail relating to job completion
What you need to have
- Ideally, you will be either a Registered Plumber, or a Certified Plumber, Drain Layer or Gas Fitter
- Alternatively, you may have a practical background in the construction industry